Affiliate members are faculty at Canadian universities who are invited to be regularly involved in the Institute's research activities. Affiliates are appointed to a three-year term. The goals of the affiliate program are:
- To foster interaction between Perimeter and Canadian universities.
- To play a role in strengthening the Canadian physics research community.
- To strengthen and provide a competitive advantage to Canadian universities by offering affiliate status to potential recruits.
- To broaden the base of research at PI by fostering interaction with affiliates working in fields of research related to, but not included in, current fields of study at PI.
Categories of affiliates:
Local affiliates (within a 150 km radius) receive a standing invitation to visit Perimeter and interact with people as often as they wish, with day-use office space. Overnight accommodations in Perimeter housing may also be offered if required, subject to availability.
Long-distance affiliates receive the following:
- Reimbursement for economy-class airfare once a year. (Maximum reimbursement amounts must be approved in advance by our visitor services department.)
- Accommodation in Perimeter housing. (Subject to availability.)
- Shared office space.
- Weekday bistro allowance of $50/day once per academic year for a short-term visit of up to two weeks, maximum.
Affiliates who wish to visit Perimeter are asked to contact Amanda Ferneyhough.
To apply for affiliate status, please submit an up-to-date curriculum vitae and a list of publications to Amanda Ferneyhough.