Aida is a quantum physicist and founder of ForeQast. Her expertise lies at the intersection of quantum optimization and deep learning. She currently is focusing on building quantum machine learning and quantum-classical hybrid algorithms for optimization problems in logistics. In 2021, she received Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada postdoctoral fellowship and joined the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. She is the member of the Perimeter Institute Quantum Intelligence Lab (PIQuIL) led by Prof. Roger Melko. She is also the Founder and CEO at ForeQast Technologies Limited which graduated from the Entrepreneur First incubator and Creative Destruction Lab quantum stream accelerator programs. Prior to that, she was a postdoctoral fellow at the Applied Mathematics department of the University of Waterloo working with Prof. Achim Kempf on Relativistic Quantum Information and with Prof. Ming Li from the Cheriton School of Computer Science, in the field of Machine Learning. In 2017, she received her Cotutelle Ph.D. degree in quantum information from the University of Waterloo in Canada and Macquarie University in Australia.
Quantum optimization, Quantum classical hybrid solutions, Quantum Machine Learning
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Applied Mathematics, University of Waterloo, 2017-2020
- Cotutelle Ph.D., Physics and Engineering, Macquarie University, 2015-2017
- Cotutelle Ph.D., Physics, University of Waterloo, 2012-2017
- Ahmadzadegan, A., Simidzija, P., Li, M., & Kempf, A. (2020). Learning to Utilize Correlated Auxiliary Noise: A Possible Quantum Advantage. arxiv:2006.04863v2
- Yamaguchi, K., Ahmadzadegan, A., Simidzija, P., Kempf, A., & Martín-Martínez, E. (2020). Superadditivity of channel capacity through quantum fields. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.101.105009