If you are interested in pursuing a MSc degree, please apply to the Perimeter Scholars International (PSI) masters program. If you are interested in working with me as a PhD student, please send me an email at [email protected] Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and I welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
My research interests are primarily in the area of cosmology, including large-scale structure, dark matter, dark energy, and gravitational lensing.
- 2011-2017 Department of Astronomy, University of Illinois Professor
- 2005 - 2011 Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics Senior research associate
- 2002 - 2005 Institute for Advanced Study Postdoctoral researcher
- Enia Xhakaj, Alexie Leauthaud, Johannes Lange, Andrew Hearin, Benedikt Diemer, Neal Dalal, "Beyond Mass: Detecting Secondary Halo Properties with Galaxy-Galaxy Lensing", submitted to Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, arXiv: 2106.06656
- Neal Dalal, Jo Bovy, Lam Hui, Xinyu Li, "Don't cross the streams: caustics from fuzzy dark matter", Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, 03, 76
- Elena Massara, Francisco Villaescusa-Navarro, Shirley Ho, Neal Dalal, David N. Spergel, "Using the Marked Power Spectrum to Detect the Signature of Neutrinos in Large-Scale Structure", Physical Review Letters, 126, 011301, arXiv: 2001.11024
- Andrej Obuljen, Will J. Percival, Neal Dalal, "Detection of anisotropic galaxy assembly bias in BOSS DR12", Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, 10, 58, arXiv: 2004.07240
- Arka Banerjee, Susmita Adhikari, Neal Dalal, Surhud More, Andrey Kravtsov, "Signatures of Self-Interacting dark matter on cluster density profile and subhalo distributions", Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, 2, 24, arXiv: 1906.12026
- Andrej Obuljen, Neal Dalal, Will J. Percival, "Anisotropic halo assembly bias and redshift-space distortions", Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, 10, 20 arXiv: 1906.11823
- Selim C. Hotinli, Joel Meyers, Neal Dalal, Andrew H. Jaffe, Matthew C. Johnson, James B. Mertens, Moritz Münchmeyer, Kendrick M. Smith, Alexander van Engelen, "Transverse Velocities with the Moving Lens Effect", Physical Review Letters 123, 061301, arXiv: 1812.03167
- Chun Yin Ricky Chue, Neal Dalal, Martin White, "Some assembly required: assembly bias in massive dark matter halos", Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, in press, arXiv: 1804.04055
- Susmita Adhikari, Jeremy Sakstein, Bhuvnesh Jain, Neal Dalal, Baojiu Li, "Splashback in galaxy clusters as a probe of cosmic expansion and gravity", Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, 11, 33 arXiv: 1806.04302
- Susmita Adhikari, Neal Dalal, Surhud More, Andrew Wetzel, "Kinematics of cluster galaxies and their relation to galaxy evolution", Astrophysical Journal, 878, 9, arXiv: 1806.09672
- Lucas F. Secco, Amanda Farah, Bhuvnesh Jain, Susmita Adhikari, Arka Banerjee, Neal Dalal, "Probing Self-interacting Dark Matter with Disk Galaxies in Cluster Environments", Astrophysical Journal, 860, 32 arXiv: 1712.04841
- "Fundamental Physics with the Hubble Space Telescope", Neal Dalal, Cora Dvorkin, Jeremy Heyl, Bhuvnesh Jain, Marc Kamionkowski, Phil Marshall, David Weinberg, arXiv: 1712.04928
- "Fuzzy dark matter in the Milky Way", Joint Chicago/Stanford/PI structure formation virtual seminar series
- "New tests of self-interacting dark matter with tidal streams", Joint Chicago/Stanford/PI structure formation virtual seminar series
- "Standard sirens without counterparts", colloquium at Texas A&M university.
- "Lensing of gravitational wave sources", conference on "Gravitational Wave Probes of Fundamental Physics", Amsterdam.
- "Standard Siren Cosmology without Counterparts", cosmology seminar, Center for Computational Astrophysics (Flatiron Institute), New York
- "Probing dark matter with dusty galaxies", Workshop on New Theories and Probes of Dark Matter, Columbia University
- "Dark matter splashback", Splashback Workshop, Stanford University.
- "New directions in cosmology", workshop at PDT Partners, New York
- "Dark matter with ALMA", Institut Henri Poincare, Paris.
- "Dark matter with ALMA", PACIFIC conference, Moorea
- "Caustics in clusters", Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics
- "Dark matter with ALMA", Simons Foundation Symposium on Dark Matter, Germany
- "kSZ probes of neutrinos and dark energy", Technion Institute
- "Constraints on dark matter substructure using strongly lensed dusty galaxies", Queens University
- "Constraints on dark matter substructure using strongly lensed dusty galaxies", Harvard University
- "Dark matter with ALMA", University of Waterloo
- Talk 6, 2019-10-24, Gravitational Waves Outside the Box
- PIRSA:17050070, Neal Dalal Seminar, 2017-05-12, Cosmology & Gravitation
- PIRSA:17050069, Neal Dalal Seminar, 2017-05-11, Cosmology & Gravitation
- PIRSA:17050068, Neal Dalal Seminar, 2017-05-10, Cosmology & Gravitation
- PIRSA:16110038, Probing fundamental physics with galaxies, 2016-11-30, Colloquium
- PIRSA:15080007, Structure formation with hot particles, 2015-08-10, Cosmic Flows (and other novelties on Large Scales)
- PIRSA:13070017, Probing small-scale structure with dusty galaxies in the CMB, 2013-07-11, Cosmological Frontiers in Fundamental Physics 2013
- PIRSA:10040042, Primordial Non-Gaussianity and Large-Scale Structure, 2010-04-14, Colloquium
- PIRSA:09120104, Dark Matter Halos, 2009-12-08, PI / CITA Day - December 2009
- PIRSA:08060019, Halo Assembly Bias in Hierarchical Structure Formation, 2008-06-08, Small-Scale Structure of Dark Matter - 2008