EinsteinPlus is a one-week intensive workshop for Canadian and international high school teachers that focuses on modern physics including quantum physics, special relativity, and cosmology.
EinsteinPlus also provides unique opportunities to learn some of the latest developments in physics from expert researchers at the forefront of their fields, enjoy lab tours, and take part in social events with like-minded teachers from around the world. Sessions include:
- Innovative teaching strategies suitable for all areas of physics
- Quantum physics: Wave-particle duality and the electron double-slit experiment
- GPS and relativity
- Dark matter as an application of uniform circular motion
- Measuring Planck's constant using a simple electronic circuit
EinsteinPlus will take place at Perimeter Institute from July 10-14, 2023.
Applications for 2023 have closed.
Note: EinsteinPlus is offered in English only. All applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English.
Power Corporation of Canada, proud supporter of EinsteinPlus and Perimeter’s Teacher Network
December 1, 2022 - Applications open
March 16, 2023 @ 11:59PM ET - Applications close
April 21, 2023 - Successful applicants notified
Perimeter Institute reserves the right to alter dates, rescind acceptance offers, or change to an online program to align with changes in regulations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
EinsteinPlus is designed for novice or experienced high school physics teachers who are interested in:
- Expanding their knowledge of modern physics
- Learning how to incorporate modern physics into their classroom with hands-on classroom ready activities
Participants must be:
- Fluent at speaking, reading, and writing in English. The entire program is conducted in English.
- Eligible to enter Canada according to Canadian Visa requirements.
There is no application fee.
The program fee is $300 (CAD) payable upon acceptance into the program. The fee, combined with support from our partners, covers the cost of all activities, accommodation, and meals.
For CANADIAN teachers, Perimeter Institute will pay for approved round trip air/train/bus fare or mileage as well as round trip ground transportation between the airport and Waterloo.*
INTERNATIONAL teachers who are accepted must fund their own round trip airfare from their home country to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport and purchase appropriate travel and health insurance. Round trip ground transportation between the airport and Waterloo will be provided once dates and times are approved by Perimeter Institute.
*Some restrictions may apply.
EinsteinPlus is made possible by the support of presenting partner: