My research interest lies in the study of quantum phases and phase transitions. 1. I studied exotic phases, such as topological ordered states and fracton phase, have non-trivial entanglement structure resulting in interesting behaviours, such as ground state degeneracy and anyonic statistics of excitations. 2. I am also interested in continuous phase transitions, which can be described by conformal field theories. I use various approaches, including duality mappings and renormalization group, to study them. I also study quantum RG as a way to realize the holographic mapping.
- 2019- Philip W. Anderson Postdoc Fellow, Perimeter Institute
- 2014-2019 Department of Physics, University of Colorado Boulder, PhD
- Block Award for "an outstanding young physicist", Aspen Center for Physics.
- Grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation for visiting student at KITP.
- Helical superfluid in a frustrated honeycomb Bose-Hubbard model, Tzu-Chi Hsieh, Han Ma, Leo Radzihovsky, Phys. Rev. A 106, 023321 (2022)
- Quenched random mass disorder in the large N theory of vector bosons, Han Ma, arXiv: arXiv: 2205.11542 (2022)
- Constraints on beta functions, Han Ma and Sung-Sik Lee, SciPost Phys. 12, 046 (2022)
- Exact effective action for the O(N) vector model in the large N limit, Han Ma and Sung-Sik Lee, arXiv: 2107.05654 (2021)
- Shadow of complex fixed point: Approximate conformality of Q>4 Potts model, Han Ma, Yin-Chen He, Phys. Rev. B 99, 195130 (2019).
- Higher Rank Deconfined Quantum Criticality and the Exciton Bose Condensate, Han Ma, Michael Pretko, Phys. Rev. B 98, 125105 (2018).
- Fracton topological order from Higgs and partial confinement mechanisms of rank-two gauge theory, Han Ma, Michael Hermele, Xie Chen, Phys. Rev. B 98, 035111 (2018).
- Recoverable information and emergent conservation laws in fracton stabilizer codes, A. T. Schmitz, Han Ma, Rahul M. Nandkishore, and S. A. Parameswaran, Phys. Rev. B 97, 134426 (2018)
- Possible phases of the spin-12 XXZ model on a honeycomb lattice by boson-vortex duality, Han Ma, Phys. Rev. B 97, 045104 (2018).
- Topological entanglement entropy of fracton stabilizer codes, Han Ma, A. T. Schmitz, S. A. Parameswaran, Michael Hermele, and Rahul M. Nandkishore, Phys. Rev. B 97, 125101 (2017).
- Fracton topological order via coupled layers, Han Ma, Ethan Lake, Xie Chen, Michael Hermele, Phys. Rev. B 95, 245126 (2017).
- Formation and local symmetry of the Holstein polaron in the t-J model, Han Ma, T.K. Lee, and Yan Chen, New J. Phys. 15, 043045, (2013).
- Overlaying optical lattices for simulation of complex frustrated antiferromagnets, Zhi-Xin Chen, Han Ma, Mo-Han Chen, Xiang-Fa Zhou, Lixin He, Guang-Can Guo, Xingxiang Zhou, Yan Chen, and Zheng-Wei Zhou, Phys. Rev. A 85, 013632 (2012).
- Quenched random mass disorder in the large N vector boson model, Centre de recherches mathématiques (CRM), Montreal, Canada
- Nonperturbative RG flow and IR effective action of O(N) vector model, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Nonperturbative RG flow and exact effective action of O(N) vector model, Cornell University, USA
- Constraints on beta functions in field theories, Harvard/MIT CMT seminar, USA
- Tensor gauge theory at Lifshitz transition, Banff, Canada
- Mechanisms for fractons, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Entanglement characterization of stabilizer codes exhibiting fracton order, Rocky Mountain Summit on Quantum Information, Boulder, USA
- Fracton topological order via coupled layer construction, Condensed Matter Seminar, MIT, USA
- Constraints on beta functions in field theories, Fields and Strings Group meeting
- PIRSA:19040096, Shadow of complex fixed point: Approxmiate conformality of Q>4 Potts model, 2019-04-22, Quantum Matter: Emergence & Entanglement 3
- PIRSA:18100060, Mechanisms of Fracton Phases, 2018-10-09, Quantum Matter