31 Caroline Street North
Canada N2L 2Y5
Perimeter Scholars International is located within the Perimeter Institute research facility. The facility is situated in the Region of Waterloo, just west of the Toronto Pearson International Airport, in Ontario, Canada. Ground transportation (Airporter vans, Uber, taxis, etc.) brings most people from the airport to Perimeter. The Institute and nearby accommodations are located in Waterloo's city centre - known as the "Uptown" area - with beautiful park, two universities, wide range of shops, restaurants, cafes, theatres, and other amenities.
For less than two hours: Please park in the first row of Perimeter’s main parking lot or in the City of Waterloo's Museum lot next door, accessible from Father David Bauer Drive.
For more than two hours: Please park in Perimeter’s main parking lot in any row but the first. You will need to request a temporary parking permit from our security desk in front reception. Please have your licence plate number on hand.
Perimeter Institute observes statutory holidays and Christmas holiday periods. Dates include:
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- February (third Monday) – Ontario Family Day
- The Friday before Easter Sunday – Good Friday
- May (Monday preceding May 25) – Victoria Day
- July 1 – Canada Day
- August (first Monday in August) – Ontario Civic Holiday
- September (first Monday in September) – Labour Day
- October (second Monday in October) – Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 – Christmas Day
- December 26 – Boxing Day
Should you foresee any needs in advance of holiday periods, please contact Perimeter Institute well ahead of time.