Travel, Housing and Programs Coordinator (Academic and Research Programs)
At this time Perimeter is pleased to be seeking an organized, efficient and enthusiastic individual to join our Academic and Research Programs team, as the Travel, Housing and Programs Coordinator. An integral team member you are responsible for coordinating all aspects of visitor travel to and from Perimeter, as well as managing housing for visitors and students residing in Perimeter maintained residences. Additionally, as the Travel, Housing and Programs Coordinator you will provide general administrative assistance and back up support for both the Program Manager, Visiting Researcher Programs and Library Services and Program Manager, Conference and Seminar Programs during peak times. Learn more about the various visitor program at Perimeter Institute.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate housing, travel, visitor desk allocation, and Bistro accounts for all visitors
- Assist with the creation of visitor packages
- Ensure that all required policies and Emergency Contact Information have been reviewed and signed off
- Maintain visitor records in CRM (we use Salesforce) and ensure visitor photos on the Perimeter website are up to date
- Process visitor expense claims
- Maintain visitor housing schedule and housing usage statistics
- Manage and track visitor housing keys and phone cards
- Establish and maintain mechanisms for regular feedback from visitors
Conference and Seminar Programs
- Coordinate travel, accommodation, and ground transportation for invited speakers and special guests
- Process related expense claims and records updates
- Assist with travel arrangements for incoming students and work with the program manager to coordinate housing with partner universities
- Liaise with Perimeter Facilities team members to ensure student accommodations are set up with the proper furnishings and appliances.
- Responsible for maintenance and updating content for Intranet and website pages as needed
- Work with Program Managers to send out welcome emails and update digital signage to introduce visiting researchers and new PSI/PSI Start students
- Additional duties and projects as needed
Required Knowledge and Competencies
- Understanding and appreciation of the goals, objectives, and operations of a Research Institute or institute for higher education
- Previous experience in a service focused environment with an intrinsic passion for helping people
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM tool and technical fluency in MS Excel is an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume indicating experience and relevant qualifications before August 8, 2022, in order to ensure full consideration of your application. The posting will remain live until the position is filled. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in support of Perimeter Institute but will only be connecting with shortlisted individuals.
Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Perimeter Institute provides support throughout the application process for applicants with disabilities. We work with you to understand the impact of your disability to appropriately accommodate you during the application/interview process. Please contact [email protected] for assistance.
Covid-19 Safety Measures at Perimeter Institute
Please visit our website for information about our current Covid-19 Safety Measures and Policy.