Senior Integration Developer, Software and Services
Perimeter Institute is pleased to be seeking a Senior Integration Developer to contribute their expertise through the review, analysis and evaluation of systems as part of developing integration, and managing Perimeter’s data integration tools and operations.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Software and Services the Senior Integration Developer is dedicated to project managers for assigned projects as well as business stakeholders for line of business integration and development responsibilities. You will be responsible for designing, developing and testing application integrations between a wide variety of systems used in Perimeter’s operations.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Participate in systems analysis to develop detailed integration requirements
- Gather, document, and manage integration requirements
- Provide estimates for work required to deliver system integrations
- Develop solutions for integrating Perimeter’s systems
- Investigate and fix any issues with integrations escalated by the Help desk
- Contribute to test planning and execution for integration testing
- Lead development of integration roadmaps and strategies
- Manage integration toolset
- Manage production, test and development environments and data sets
- Provide knowledge transfer, documentation and training to the organization as part of moving a solution to production
- Develop and promote strategies, roadmaps, architectural guidelines, standards and best practices for integration
- Mange loading of data into data warehouse and other reporting data stores
- Liaise with other areas of Perimeter, conduct technology research, and evaluate software required for maintaining Perimeter’s system integration
- Effectively communicate complex integration requirements and strategies to technical and business partners
- Participate in data governance and disaster recovery committees
- Stay aware of patterns and technologies in emerging areas: big data, IoT, machine learning, etc. and evaluate for applicability to Perimeter
Desired Experience and Competencies
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience is required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an intermediate or senior level developer role with a proven track record with either integration or data management
- Demonstrated experience developing application integrations and working with webservices (3+ years)
- Strong database skills (preferably in MySQL and/or Postgres)
- 2+ years building applications in SQL
- Unix/Linux administration and comfort with the command line
- Experience in SDLC, Source Control systems (Git)
- Strong analysis, organization and independent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience writing system and project documentation
- Ability to provide technical specifications to other members of software development team and any outside consultants/contractors working on projects
- Additional Assets:
- Experience developing and querying data models with tools such as BigQuery or similar including: Redshift, SSAS, etc.
- Experience with managing and deploying containers (docker, kubernetes. etc.)
Please submit your resume indicating experience and relevant qualifications before November 30, 2022 in order to ensure full consideration of your application. We will continue to accept applications until the role is filled. If the position is posted on our website, we welcome your interest.
Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Perimeter Institute provides support throughout the application process for applicants with disabilities. We work with you to understand the impact of your disability to appropriately accommodate you during the application/interview process. Please contact [email protected] for assistance.
Covid-19 Safety Measures at Perimeter Institute
Please visit our website for information about our current Covid-19 Safety Measures and Policy.