Digital Marketing Specialist
Are you an exceptional communicator who knows how to meaningfully connect with audiences through digital marketing, communications, and social media? Do you want to showcase some of the grandest, most fascinating ideas in the universe and the scientists pursuing them?
Perimeter is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist who will help the Institute connect with its priority audiences through timely, relevant communications. As Digital Marketing Specialist, you are a creative and clear communicator with a deep understanding of Perimeter’s stakeholders – including public and private supporters, the scientific community, the general public and more – and of ways to build engagement and advocacy among them. You are experienced in email marketing, digital media, social media, with a knack for conveying complex ideas in accessible ways. As a member of Perimeter’s Communications team, you share the importance of fundamental science, and the value of Perimeter, in support of institutional goals – particularly in supporting public/private fundraising and the recruitment of exceptional research talent. You also oversee Perimeter’s marketing automation (MA) systems and its integration with the contact relation management (CRM) system, and you have an uncanny ability to extract, analyze and convey meaningful information.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to help plan content for campaigns and digital communications related to Perimeter’s goals of fundraising, recruitment, outreach, communicating science, and building the overall PI brand
- Create digital content – videos, social media posts, imagery, etc. to communicate with Perimeter’s audiences, with the goal of increasing engagement with, and advocacy for, Perimeter.
- Disseminate content through various communication channels – social media, email, paid digital ads, websites, etc. Monitor progress and complete post-campaign reporting
- Work with various departments to help write, design, and edit email communications to various stakeholder groups (donors, teachers, and other subscribers), providing post analytics and results
- Develop internal communications including Perimeter’s weekly internal e-newsletter (“PI This Week”), digital signage, intranet (PION) content, reports for leadership and the Board, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on social media and digital marketing trends and make recommendations to Perimeter’s digital marketing strategy
- Manage all aspects of the Marketing Automation (MA) tool (Hubspot) including implementation, monitoring, adjusting, and reporting of MA campaigns.
- Assist in guiding all PI departments and leadership to ensure content, tone and messaging is optimized for their audiences and goals
- Assist in assuring and reporting that Perimeter is compliant with the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation and other regulations for e-communications
Required Knowledge and Competencies
- A completed post-secondary education in marketing, communications, digital media or related field
- A minimum of three years of digital marketing and communications experience, including previous experience running digital marketing campaigns, MA and CRM systems
- Highly developed writing/editing and communications skills, with a talent for explaining difficult concepts in clear and accessible ways
- Experience conceiving, creating and editing video content
- Confident working knowledge using design tools such as Illustrator, PhotoShop, Canva, etc.
- A social media guru with experience on platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook
- Experience using Google Adwords Campaign Manager and Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience with relevant tools including Salesforce (or comparable CRM), Hubspot (or comparable).
- Strong organization, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure, managing several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills to service a wide variety of constituents including stakeholders, research community, educators, politicians, funders, media, etc.
- A passion for fundamental science is an asset
- Experience working in a not-for-profit setting is an asset
- Keen awareness and knowledge of relevant people in the scientific, academic, political, bureaucratic, media and outreach circles considered an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume indicating experience and relevant qualifications before August 8, 2022, in order to ensure full consideration of your application. The posting will remain live until the position is filled. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in support of Perimeter Institute but will only be connecting with shortlisted individuals.
Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Perimeter Institute provides support throughout the application process for applicants with disabilities. We work with you to understand the impact of your disability to appropriately accommodate you during the application/interview process. Please contact [email protected] for assistance.
Covid-19 Safety Measures at Perimeter Institute
Please visit our website for information about our current Covid-19 Safety Measures and Policy.