Advancement Coordinator, Operations-One Year Contract Opportunity
Perimeter Institute offers a dynamic work culture fueled by ideas and collaboration. The centre hosts a diverse research community, including some of today’s pre-eminent theoretical physicists, PhD and Masters-level trainees, and the world’s largest group of independent postdoctoral fellows in the field, all supported by a small group of hard-working administrative staff.
The Advancement Operations Coordinator is an integral member of the Advancement team contributing support across the department using our primary constituent management database (Salesforce/Causeview). This includes advancement records management and proactive data cleaning in the areas of biographic data, contact information and donation processing. List management will be a key component of success.
Working behind the scenes you provide support through the processing of invoices and purchase orders, credit card reconciliations, assisting with financial tracking and reporting and will coordinate memberships, subscriptions and professional development activities and budgets. The opportunity to assist with data and IT improvement projects will also exist.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Advancement Records Support
- Manage, enter and maintain Perimeter Individual, Corporate and Foundation constituent records in CRM, including biographic data, data flags for list management, and preferences and other data as required to support preparation of donor/prospect lists and reports
- Complete projects for data cleaning, including management of NCOA process, and processing information updates from a variety of sources and as requested by Relationship Managers
- Proactively seek information updates to avoid losing contact with current and potential supporters of Perimeter (eg. investigating undeliverable mail or emails, updating employment data for Perimeter donors, etc.)
- Works in concert with the Associate Director, Advancement Operations to ensure adequate and effective reporting and access to data for Advancement colleagues
- Assist team members with the creation and management of lists, campaigns, and reports in support of events, appeals, communications and prospect management
- Assist with prospect management database tracking and reporting and provide input on workflow, fields and structure to improve effectiveness
- Update and maintain the Advancement Operations Wiki process and workflow guide
- Manage, enter, and maintain pledges and donation to Perimeter, ensuring all gifts and tax receipts are processed and distributed in accordance with Perimeter’s gift processing policy and procedures
- Proactively establish and follow an annual plan for recurring gifts updates, credit card renewals, and package and campaign updating,
- Monitor and flag incoming donations for new donor recognition, stewardship and other opportunities
- Coordinate regular operations meetings including scheduling, agendas and meeting notes
- Monitor the general Advancement email account and respond or take action as appropriate
- Update and maintain monthly corporate credit card reconciliations
- Support with monthly finance and campaign reconciliation reports in consultation with the AD Advancement Operations
- Coordinate and maintain team and individual professional memberships, subscriptions, and professional development activity and monitor against budget
- Support the Associate Director, Advancement on special projects such as mailings, filing, and data enhancement, IT needs, as required.
Desired Education, Skills and Abilities Required
- Postsecondary education in a relevant field is an asset
- A highly detail-oriented individual able to prioritize effectively in a changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to relate and work collaboratively with a team to work toward and succeed in shared goals.
- Proficiency with constituent relationship management databases and tools.
- Project management skills and experience is a strong asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with Salesforce, Causeview or NetSuite would be an asset.
- Experience with donations processing and related CRA legislation an asset.
- Demonstrates a high degree of discretion when handling confidential financial and personal information
- 1-2 years’ experience in information technology and/or charitable sector fundraising is desirable
Please submit your cover letter and resume indicating experience and relevant qualifications before March 28, 2023, in order to ensure full consideration of your application. If you have questions, please contact Talent Management Specialist Christina Bouda.
Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Perimeter Institute provides support throughout the application process for applicants with disabilities. We work with you to understand the impact of your disability to appropriately accommodate you during the application/interview process. Please contact [email protected] for assistance.