Academic Programs Coordinator (Part Time Position)
In keeping with its mandate of research, training and outreach, Perimeter’s Academic Programs team oversees several graduate and undergraduate programs at the Institute, including the Institute’s PhD program, Perimeter Scholars International (PSI), Visiting Graduate Fellows, the undergraduate summer students, and university courses.
Perimeter is currently seeking a dynamic, creative professional to assume the role of Academic Programs Coordinator. Offered on a part time basis, in this role the incumbent will play a critical part in the organizing, coordination and day to day support of Perimeter’s academic programs and initiatives. This opportunity is the ideal role for an individual seeking a flexible working arrangement, enabling them to customize their schedule and work environment around their needs, while still contributing skills and experience as a valued team member.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to PSI students during their transition to the Institute and throughout the academic year
- Responsible for scheduling room bookings and AV requirements for all PSI courses
- Prepare, distribute and summarize PSI course feedback surveys focused on course content and quality of lecturers
- Collaborate with Faculty and Associate Faculty members to coordinate PI graduate courses and mini-courses, including, room booking, AV needs and advertising.
- Manage Summer Undergraduate program, including preparing online applications, arranging meetings to determine who the successful applicants are, preparing invitation letters, arranging accommodations and travel. Act as the point of contact during their time at PI.
- Provide administrative support for the PSI Winter School Program
- Coordinate all aspects of the postdoctoral and graduate student mentoring programs including assigning subject matter and interdisciplinary mentors, arranging meetings and maintaining records.
- Tracking of Alumni (e.g. Undergraduates, PSI, Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows) and coordinate all aspects of the Academic Alumni database
- Provide administrative support for Career Trajectories program as an active committee member
- Maintain content for Training page on PI website
- Provide administrative support to the Academic Program Director as needed
- Manage Associate Student and Associate Postdoctoral Researcher application campaigns including forwarding to review committee, confirming acceptances, declines and maintaining records in Salesforce.
- Assist with the gathering and maintenance of all data used in reporting on PSI and PI academic programs
- Assist with the updating of publications for faculty, postdocs and students
Education, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Demonstrated history of success in an administrative role, preference given to past experience gained in a not for profit, academic institute or charitable environment
- Website and digital marketing experience is an asset
- Understanding of marketing principals and CRM databases (we use Salesforce)
- Mature and culturally sensitive problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and be flexible
- Solid judgment and reasoning skills
- Established organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as individually
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter before September 27, 2021 or until the position is filled in order to ensure full consideration of your qualifications. Applicants who require individual accommodation in order to complete their application/interview are encouraged to contact [email protected] for assistance.
Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.