This seventh annual one-day symposium aims to provide an opportunity for condensed matter researchers in southwest Ontario to gather together and discuss informally their most recent research. The general format of the meeting consists of 2 guest speakers and 5-7 contributed talks. The names of the contributing speakers and title of their talks will be announced later. Registration begins at 9:30 am. The meeting is expected to start around 9:45 am and end between 5-5:30 pm. A lunch will be provided by the Black Hole Bistro.
There will be two keynote speakers for the symposium. Professor David Huse from Princeton University and Professor Young Lee from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Professor Huse will discuss a topic pertaining to cold atoms and Professor Lee will talk about quantum spin liquids.
Past speakers for this event were as follows:
- Steve Kivelson, Stanford University
- Radu Coldea, University of Oxford
- Paul Chaikin, New York University
- Patrick Lee, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Seamus Davis, Cornell University
- Eduardo Fradkin, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Leon Balents, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Piers Coleman, Rutgers University
- Bill Halperin, Northwestern University
- Collin Broholm, Johns Hopkins University
- Subir Sachdev, Harvard University
To register for this event, please click here.