Since 2002 Perimeter Institute has been recording seminars, conference talks, and public outreach events using video cameras installed in our lecture theatres. Perimeter now has 7 formal presentation spaces for its many scientific conferences, seminars, workshops and educational outreach activities, all with advanced audio-visual technical capabilities. Recordings of events in these areas are all available On-Demand from this Video Library and on Perimeter Institute Recorded Seminar Archive (PIRSA). PIRSA is a permanent, free, searchable, and citable archive of recorded seminars from relevant bodies in physics. This resource has been partially modelled after Cornell University's arXiv.org.
Introductory lecture summary:
1. Finite dimensional hilbert spaces and (complemented) modular lattices; infinite-dimensional hilbert spaces and orthomodularity.
2. von Neumann's QL; von Neumann-Birkhoff (briefly!); reconstruction of QM from P(H)
3. Mackey's programme; some early axiomatics (e.g., Zierler); QLs as OMPs + order-determining sets of states
4. Piron's Theorem; some discussion of Piron's axioms
5. Keller's examples (maybe just a mention, though I'd like to indicate how they come up); Soler's theorem (just the statement)