31 Caroline Street North
Canada N2L 2Y5
Tel: (519) 569-7600
Fax: (519) 569-7611
Perimeter Scholars International is located within the Perimeter Institute research facility. The facility is situated in the Region of Waterloo, just west of the Toronto Pearson International Airport, in Ontario, Canada. A PI Shuttle Van ride or other ground transportation brings most people from the airport to Perimeter. The Institute and nearby accommodations are located in Waterloo's city centre - known as the "Uptown" area - with beautiful park, two universities, wide range of shops, restaurants, cafes, theatres, and other amenities.
You can find Perimeter Institute on Google Maps. Located at 31 Caroline Street North, Waterloo, ON N2L 2Y5
If you are coming to Perimeter from Highway 401 (east or west), follow these directions:
- Exit 278 (Highway 8 West) and follow 8 West for 5 km to Highway #85, towards #7 East.
- Proceed on Highway #85 for approx. 6 km to BRIDGEPORT ROAD W. exit. Turn right at the off-ramp, traveling West.
- Bridgeport is a four-lane one-way road. Follow Bridgeport for 2.8 km.
- Continue on Bridgeport past ALBERT Street. Note that Bridgeport Road becomes CAROLINE Street N. past Albert Street.
- Travel forward another 200 meters, but ease over into the right hand lane. As you go down a hill and around a curve, look for the Perimeter Institute sign on the right hand side. The parking lot entrance is just after the sign (past the historic Grist Mill that sits on the edge of Silver Lake - Waterloo Park).
- Turn right into the Perimeter parking lot entrance. The building features a strikingly modern design that stands out against its park setting located behind the Clay and Glass Gallery
For more than two hours: Please park in Perimeter’s main parking lot in any row but the first. You will need to request a temporary parking permit from our security desk in front reception. Please have your licence plate number on hand.
Perimeter Institute observes statutory holidays and Christmas holiday periods. Dates include:
- January 1 (every year) – New Year’s Day
- February (third Monday every year) – Ontario Family Day
- The Friday before Easter Sunday (every year) – Good Friday
- May (Monday preceding May 25 every year) – Victoria Day
- July 1 (every year) – Canada Day
- August (first Monday in August every year) – Ontario Civic Holiday
- September (first Monday in September every year) – Labour Day
- October (second Monday in October every year) – Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 (every year) – Christmas Day
- December 26 (every year) – Boxing Day
Should you foresee any needs in advance of holiday periods, please contact Perimeter Institute well ahead of time.