General inquiries can be made Monday through Friday, between 8:30am and 5:00pm at: 31 Caroline Street North Waterloo, Ontario Canada N2L 2Y5 Tel: +1 (519) 569-7600 Fax: +1 (519) 569-7611
Connect with us!
Perimeter Institute is a quiet research and training environment. As such, general public visits are coordinated in conjunction with scheduled and ticketed outreach activities – such as public lectures, festivals, open house tours, exhibits, occasional webcasted events, and cultural activities. Sign up for email updates on future public events.
As of October, 2013, NOTE that the Brideport Road exit (northbound on HWY #85) is CLOSED until further notice. If you are coming to Perimeter from Highway 401 (east or west), follow these directions:
- Exit 278 (Highway 8 West) and follow 8 West for 5 km to Highway #85, towards #7 East.
- Proceed on Highway #85 for approx. 6 km to UNIVERSITY Ave WEST exit. Turn right at the off-ramp, traveling West.
- Follow Univeristy Avenue for 2 km to King Street.
- Turn right onto King Street until Bridgeport Road.
- Turn right onto Bridgeport Road
- Bridgeport is a four-lane one-way road. It becomes Caroline Street at Albert Street. Continue straight ahead.
- Travel forward another 200 meters, but ease over into the right hand lane. As you go down a hill and around a curve, look for the Perimeter Institute sign on the right hand side. The parking lot entrance is just after the sign (past the historic grist mill that sits on the edge of Silver Lake).
- Turn right into the Perimeter parking lot entrance. The building features a strikingly modern design that stands out against its park setting.
For less than two hours: Please park in the first row of Perimeter’s main parking lot or in the City of Waterloo’s Museum lot next door, accessible from Father David Bauer Drive. For more than two hours: Please park in Perimeter’s main parking lot in any row but the first. You will need to request a temporary parking permit from our security desk in front reception. Please have your licence plate number on hand.
Perimeter Institute observes statutory holidays and Christmas holiday periods. Dates include:
- January 1 (every year) – New Year’s Day
- February 18, 2013 – Family Day
- Mar 29, 2013 – Good Friday
- May 20, 2013 – Victoria Day
- July 1 (every year) – Canada Day
- August 5, 2013 – Civic Holiday
- September 2, 2013 – Labour Day
- October 14, 2013 – Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 (every year)– Christmas Day
- December 26 (every year)– Boxing Day
Should you foresee any needs in advance of holiday periods, please contact Perimeter Institute well ahead of time.