DOES THIS SOUND LIKE EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE:
Can you provide first and second-level support for Perimeter scientists and administrative staff by:
- Supporting computer systems, email, tablets, smartphones, VOIP phones, printers, virtual machines, servers, digital signage, networks, application software and other office devices/systems, basically if it plugs in you can fix it
- Acting as a liaison with third-party vendors to resolve issues or ordering parts
- Assessing and prioritizing, triage user requests to appropriate departments/personnel and following up as needed
- Performing further extensive diagnosing and resolving of complex issues
- Documenting solutions to issues
- Working closely with other IT Superhero’s on larger PI projects as needed
Can you support efficient desktop computer systems and applications by:
- Creating, installing, and maintaining Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux system images
- Ensuring that all systems are fully patched
- Creating and updating user accounts in Active Directory, Google Apps, Windows and Linux servers
- Keeping up to date on Perimeter’s application software
- Providing training sessions for non-technical users as necessary
- Maintaining asset management
Are you able to identify and implement improvements to help desk processes?
Do you communicate effectively with members of your team and management in order to ensure appropriate information sharing?
Will you contribute to other projects and duties as necessary?
WE’RE GETTING WARMER IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Post-secondary degree (University or College) in computer science or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a help desk environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work with anyone and explain technical details to non-technical individuals Experience with Linux, Apple, and Microsoft operating systems
OUR FINGERS ARE CROSSED THAT YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Familiarity with common application software (Microsoft Office, Adobe products, scientific software (LaTeX, Maple, Mathematica, Matlab)
- Ability to diagnose complex software, hardware and network issues appropriately
- Ability to work under pressure and with competing deadlines
- A need to keep up with current hardware and new computing technologies
- Ability to independently learn and support new operating systems and application software
If we have described YOU in a nutshell CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to learning more about you through your application so hurry as the posting closes June 29, 2015.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Perimeter Institute encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, native peoples and persons with disabilities. Applicants who require special accommodation in order to complete their application/interview are encouraged to contact email@example.com for assistance.