Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager the Facilities Assistant is responsible for acting as a first point of contact for all Perimeter staff, visitors and the general public as demonstrated through exceptional customer service and reception skills. Working as an administrative partner within the facilities department and more broadly with the residents of PI the Facilities Assistant will lend their keen organizational and time management skills to a number of responsibilities, critical projects and special events.
- Perform receptionist duties as needed by greeting visitors, answering the phone, routing calls and taking messages
- Accurate and timely daily processing of all incoming mail and courier items, including the opening, stamping, sorting and distribution
- Accurate and timely daily processing of all outgoing mail and courier items, including the pick-up, sorting, packaging and other relevant outbound delivery processes associated with mail, Registered Mail, FedEx and Purolator packages
- Requesting/scheduling courier pick-ups including completion of required forms
- Ensure all purchases are received in excellent condition and follow up with service providers regarding any deficiencies and/or warranty issues
- Managing all Facilities help requests received via email. This would include; triage and assigning requests to appropriate staff or resolving issues themselves, as appropriate
- Represent the Facilities department at internal meetings, taking minutes and completing presentations as needed
- Responsible for reviewing Facilities processes, policies and procedures, and providing recommendations to enhance and improve best practices
- Managing mail room and stationary office supply inventory’s, monitoring supply quantities, placing orders, filling orders, processing internal requisitions, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and promoting programs on the Facilities Portal
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining facilities data (soft and hard copy) in an efficient and effective manner
- Assist with procurement ensuring purchase orders and invoicing are processed properly. Working with accounts payable as and when necessary to manage any supplier concerns.
- Assist other Facility Team members as directed by Facilities Manager
- Participate as a member of the branch’s Health and Safety Committee and maintain the necessary training for First Aid and CPR
- Managing Resident artwork in the Library
- Responsible for various internal services such as but not limited to, bike rentals, locker management, squash court equipment etc.
- Managing the plant maintenance program
- 5 plus years of experience in an administrative capacity with dedicated reception experience
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Demonstrated confidence operating a multi-line telephone system
- Pleasant, tactful and operates in a professional manner with all visitors to Perimeter
- Self-starter with commendable time management and organization capabilities
- Demonstrated writing skills, competent meeting minute taker
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license required
- Monthly participation as facilities member in rotational On Call Program
Perimeter Institute offers a dynamic team oriented work environment and highly competitive total compensation package, including salary, benefits, pension and work life balance. Qualified and interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter ONLINE by July 31, 2014