The Coordinator will contribute support across the department on an as needed basis primarily in support of communications and records management. The role requires a strong technical skill set, and an interest in marketing and social media is required. The Coordinator is an important team player in maintaining the cohesive work flow within the department, and ensuring the department fulfills its commitment to donor-centred service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, manage, evaluate, track and provide follow-up reporting on mass communications (email, special announcements, and invitations). Follow all PI writing standards, and work collaboratively with relevant team members to ensure buy-in.
- Plan, write, and coordinate with the Communications and Marketing teams for Social Media engagement in support of Annual Giving efforts.
- Work on lead nurturing paths, interest/engagement tracking via new digital marketing tools to support the generation and engagement of Annual Giving leads.
- Primary lead (technical and design) for Advancement website, updating web presence and reporting on traffic and engagement.
- Provide project management for assigned communications projects, including project plan development, meeting and approval coordination, liaising with PI Communications staff, and reporting on project status, completion, and associated impacts.
- Representing Perimeter/Advancement when required, as a key contact and professionally responding to stakeholder enquiries in a proactive, timely manner.
- Maintaining department website communications and online giving webpage.
Advancement Records Support
- Manage, enter and maintain PI Individual, Corporate and Foundation constituent records in CRM, including biographic data, contact information and preferences and other data as required to support preparation of donor/prospect lists and reports.
- Ensure all prospect and donor documentation is accurate in CRM, processing information updates from a variety of sources and as requested by Relationship Managers.
- Proactively seek information updates to avoid losing contact with current and potential supporters of PI (eg. investigating undeliverable mail or emails, updating employment data for PI alumni, etc.)
- Maintains Advancement portal content, collaborating with colleagues on their specific areas of responsibility.
- Manage, enter and maintain pledges and donation to PI, ensuring all gifts and tax receipts are processed and distributed in accordance with Perimeter’s gift processing policy and procedures.
- Drafting thank you letters and letters of acknowledgement.
- Department processing of invoices and purchase orders for approvals.
- Provide support for event logistics, upon request.
- Participate in regular Operations Team meetings and provide input, suggestions and updates on completed activities.
- Contribute to wellbeing of PI – backing up colleagues, contributing to yearly planning, and living PI’s Community Shared Values.
- Responsible for ongoing self-education to keep current on Perimeter’s programs and faculty/research/student initiatives, and to be fully knowledgeable on all key activities, leadership and challenges.
- Provide motivating and inspirational interactions with PI current and potential supporters, and the PI Advancement team.
Education and Experience
Education: Undergraduate degree or college diploma in a relevant field is required
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in business development/marketing and/or charitable sector fundraising
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High-level of proficiency and technical fluency with CRM systems and digital marketing automation tools.
- A strong orientation to strategic and efficient data management.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Communications and/or marketing experience is a strong asset.
- Advanced skills in HTML WYSIWYG or other online media editors.
- A highly detail-oriented individual able to multi-task effectively in a changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to relate and work successfully with multiple constituencies, both internal and external, in order to work toward and succeed in shared goals.
- Experience with donations processing and related CRA legislation an asset.
We welcome all candidates to APPLY HERE by April 3, 2017.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Perimeter Institute encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, native peoples and persons with disabilities. Applicants who require special accommodation in order to complete their application/interview are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.