Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procure, deploy, maintain and monitor shared computing equipment including production, scientific and HPC servers and related equipment
- Procure, deploy, maintain and monitor network equipment and communication services
- Manage and monitor security services and perform periodic security audits
- Plan, manage and operate appropriate system backups
- Provide 3rd-tier technical support
- Supervise and mentor technology services team staff
- Evaluate, select and implement hardware, software and services
- Co-ordinate IT staff and services for PI events
- Input to annual planning and management of specific budget line items
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- College or University degree in computer science or working equivalent is required for this role
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in related roles
- Strong technical knowledge of network, Mac and PC operating systems, including Linux and Microsoft Windows-based operating systems and OS X
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including advanced routing protocols, client/server programming, and general network design
- Extensive knowledge of operating system administration including configuration of mail systems, network configuration, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, and installation of third-party software
- Dedicated leadership experience and drive to motivate staff
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing proposals and good documentation, training users in complex topics, communicating with vendors, and interacting positively with management
- Independent problem solving, and self-direction
If we have described YOU in a nutshell CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to learning more about you through your application so hurry as the posting closes February 2. 2016.
This role is full time on site in Waterloo and the salary ranges between $70,000 and $90,000 commensurate with experience and is complimented by a generous benefit package and outstanding work environment.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Perimeter Institute encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, native peoples and persons with disabilities. Applicants who require special accommodation in order to complete their application/interview are encouraged to contact email@example.com for assistance.